On the 8th, Trinity and Temira had their first test in karate. They both passed with flying colors and have earned their yellow belts! They are so excited, and we are, too! It was so fun to watch them show off what they have learned so far. Karate has been a wonderful tool for Temira. She has learned breathing exercises and ways to vent her frustration without hurting anyone, including herself. (She can still use practice...) Trinity is showing leadership tendencies that we haven't seen before, too. It is an all-around good thing for them.
The week of the 14th, Bret and I took time off work to get our new doors installed. They look great! (Even though we still have to paint them.) It is satisfying to finally be able to start making the improvements on the house that are so badly needed. Having replaced the front door earlier in the year, and the windows last year, we have seen a dramatic reduction in our power bill--despite the rate hikes. It is worth it, but it all takes time...and money, so we continue to save up for the next project. :)
Once we had all the doors installed, the boys and Bret worked on the 4-wheelers and got them both running...sort of, so we went camping Friday night to test them out. It was relatively warm until about 2 am. Tenille was sleeping with Bret and me in our tent and the other kids were all piled in the other tent. They stayed warm all night. The baby kept warm, but Bret and I got cold, mostly making sure Tenille was warm, I think. Anyway, this was the first time we had been camping alone with just our family. We usually go with at least one of Bret's sisters and her family...and their trailer. The boys were all right without a bathroom, of course, and the girls all thought it was the most adventurous thing to pee on a bush! It was so funny! We all survived, including the 4-wheelers...for the most part, and we decided that we need to go camping all by ourselves more often. Trinity said next time we need to go to a lake, so we can fish. I think that may be the plan for July. :)
On the 22nd, Harrison turned twelve. On the 27th, Bret conferred the Aaronic priesthood on him and ordained him to be a deacon. It is wonderful to see the boys growing up to be such responsible kids. Harrison's first time helping with the Sacrament was May 4th. He was all smiles when it was over. I think he was a little nervous at first. We have three deacons now...until the middle of June. The twins will be 14!!! I can't believe how fast the time has flown!
My sister Heidi closed on her house right before her birthday at the end of the month! I am so excited for her! (I think I may be more excited than she is, but don't tell her that! LOL)
Oh, and I get to be a year older now, too. yippee... :)
Thursday, May 8, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
YAY for a fun month. We like them.
Nice one-liner about your birthday. lol
That's great the karate is such a good thing for the girls, and I'm glad they liked peeing in those bushes! :P They're more woman than I am. . . or maybe not??
Yay for Harrison!
Post a Comment